So I have been a total slacker lately when it comes to the blog. Life has been keeping me so busy! Between school, wedding planning, Derek and not wanting to do anything but be with Derek, I have found myself with very little time. In summary, here is what we have been up too.
1. Finding our first apartment! Yes, we found the place we will be living and I cant tell you how excited I am. For any of you who have ever looked for married housing in Provo, you know why I am thanking Heavenly Father everynight we found a place. Within a week, Derek and I looked at over ten apartments and they were either uninhabitable, werent renting for the summer, or already taken. I spent day and night on craigslist, and felt like giving up. The last night we went to three houses and the first wouldnt have fit a couch, let alone a bed. The second had a washer and dryer in place of a dishwasher in the kitchen and smelled like mold. The third house, was GOLD!!! We walked in and right away fell in love! Dont get me wrong, its small and the washer and dryer are in the bathroom not the kitchen, but it is perfect for just the two of us and just in our price range! It is connected to a house i Orem about three miles from campus. It was such an answer to my anxious prayers!
2. Furnishing our first house. I was a little worried that once we found a place, I would have to do all of the work in finding furniture and making it look like a home, but Derek has been wonderful! Our last few date nights have consisted of us with our note pads sitting in the ailse at Target, Wal-Mart, IKEA and D.I. trying to figure out what looks half decent and is in our price range. We have so much fun just dreaming about what the house will look like. We cant wait to move in.
3. Figuring out what "finances" really are. Derek's ward advertised a seminar that BYU is hosting that povides financial advise and knowledge to any BYU students. So, for a whole $6 and three thursdays, we signed up. It has been so good for us to learn about 401K's, taxes, budget and for me to learn that clothes at Target cant fall into the necessary category of my budget anymore. We have really set goal and learned about each other's familys and lifestyles in a suprisingly low stress atmosphere. It has been so good for me to set goals and realize that although Derek may like my shirt, he will like dinner that night even more :)
5. Planning a wedding in Florida from Utah. I dont think I really need to elaborate, but for any of you who know me well, I am struggling with the whole not being able to make sure everything looks just right problem. I dont know what I would do without email and cellphones. So far everything is falling into place and I know it will be beautiful. I am so grateful to my mom and future mother-in-law who are being more helpful then I could have ever dreamed.
4. Falling in Love. I know its cheesy, but honestly, I feel like most of my time is spent learning about Derek and caring more for him. I am sure we are still in the "honeymoon phase," but I feel like we are really coming to know each other and accept each other, whatever that may entail.
5. Being Grateful. I have to add this in last because I know that everything that Derek and I have is a gift from our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for his continuous love and presence in my life. I am so grateful to have found a honest, good man who will take me to the temple to be sealed for time and eternity. What more could I really ask for!
So that is the last month in a nutshell! Sorry for the lack of graphic excitement!