Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Disney Birthday

Taking a break from the sun
Chowing down at lunch
Derek driving... He is so handsome :)
Were finally here!!!

My birthday surprises all began on Thursday... I arrived home from work to a beautiful bouquet of yellow flowers... my favorite color! Another surprised arrived not long after... Dereks basketball was cancelled so we got to spend the evening together! The next day in celebration of my 22nd birthday, Derek took me to Blizzard Beach at Disneyworld! It was a perfect day to be outside and i felt like a princess all day. When we arrived, they gave me a pin that said Happy Birthday so i pinned it on my bag... on our way in two employees wished me a Happy B-day!! It was really cute :) The rides were really fun, the lines short and we dominated the toboggan racing... Derek won 2 out of the 3 times we went on! We lounged in the lazy river and got a good tan for the big day. Luckily we both sneaked by without a sunburn! After the waterpark, Derek took me to pick up my wedding present: a new set of scriptures with my nae engraved on them! It was the sweetest gift ever! I love looking at them with my new name on them! The day continued with some TCBY yogurt and then the drive home, which resulted in a very good nap for me :) We had dinner from my favorite Thai place and went and saw the new Star Trek movie which i LOVED!!! I feel like JJ Abrams may be a little obsessed with time travel, but hopefully by the time Lost ends next year i will be less confused :) Anyway, it was the perfect day!! Derek made me feel like a princess and it never ceases to amaze me how thoughtful he really is! This year definitely marks the best birthday yet!

1 comment:

Jess said...

hey girl, you guys are so cute! it's fun to see couples in the engaged stage. you are great for each other. wish we could see you on your day, but good luck with it all, and remember to ENJOY IT! don't be stressed. =) congrats on your temple wedding! if you come back out here for school come over for dinner sometime. it would be fun to catch up. take care