Thursday, February 11, 2010

UK All The Way!!



In May, when I became an Estes, I learned about this school called University of Kentucky. I learned they are the most winningist (yes that is a word) college basketball program in the country, the alumni of my father-in-law and the true love of Derek's life. So maybe the last part is an exaggeration, but only a little. Since college basketball started, we eat, sleep, breathe and talk Kentucky basketball. I have really come to love watching them play and know all of the stats for Wall, Cousins and Patterson ;) I love taking part of Derek's passion and appreciating the big wins. For Christmas, Derek went with his brother Steve and his Dad to his first live Kentucky game... it was a BIG deal! They went to the big rivalry game and he fell in love with the campus and of course Rupp Arenea. Anyway, I had bought some fabric last year to make a blanket out of, but the fabric wasnt quite right. I told my Nana (my mom's mom), who is an amazing seamstress, and she said she would put that fabric to good use. Today we got a package and inside was two pillows and a bunch of ornaments! We love the pillows... Derek already napped with them! I have a feeling that one day we will have a whole room devoted to Kentucky... UK all the Way!!

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

Maybe Andrew and Derek should become friends... I understand eating sleeping and breathing basketball stats. I get an earful about BYU everyday.

Sarah said...

Seriously you are such a good understanding wife!